Oval shaped, and sometimes bigger than a baseball, lemons are most enjoyed like all things at the peak of their ripeness—tender to the touch when given a slight squeeze. The rind of a lemon holds a bold bright yellow hue, that, when punctured, releases an aromatic aroma of citrus and fruity oils. Never peeled like a orange, but built just like one, the flesh of the lemon is tart and savory, oddly reminiscent of something refreshing.
When Chef Carl Casper (Jon Favreau) suddenly quits his job at a prominent Los Angeles restaurant after refusing to compromise his creative integrity for its controlling owner (Dustin Hoffman), he is left to figure out what’s next. Finding himself in Miami, he teams up with his ex-wife (Sofia Vergara), his friend (John Leguizamo) and his son to launch a food truck. Taking to the road, Chef Carl goes back to his roots to reignite his passion for the kitchen—and zest for life and love.
The List (to be completed in to particular order):
1. Try out a new Spa-Change is good… I sound like a Housewife right now, but I’m no over the Stillwater.
2. Take that god damn food course I have been drooling over for the past 6 months
3. Activate my AGO membership- Thank you Gee.
4. Go to the AGO at least 5 times this year- at least twice with Gee.
5. Spend New Years 2015 not at home
6. Say “Yes” to any new experience that comes my way this coming year- My cuzzy Alyx mentioned that she was having a really great 2013. When my sister had asked why, she mentioned she just started saying “Yes” to everything that came her way. I think thats pretty awesome to make that choice and I’m 100% getting in on it. Yes to going out with friends even when I’m too tired from work. Yes to Karaoke. Yes to tobagganing. Yes to all things fun. Check and Mate.
7. Take trip to Montreal and eat @ Au Pied du Cochon -BOOM! This is already booked and a reservation has already been made. I leave feb 14th. A blog with most certainly follow. Stay tuned….
8. Find a fuckin hobby-I used to have so many hobbies, Now I can’t even think of one. Dear lord my only wish is that I do not enjoy knitting. I can already see myself with a rocking chair and cats. So. Many. Cats.
9. Check out a Movie at TIFF
10. Blog more!- I’m really hope that is List will give me way more reasons to blog. I’ve always loved to write and even more, loved writing in this blog. If I play my cards right, I’ll be killing two birds with 1 stone.
11. Finish reading a book - For some reason I have developed this terrible habit of starting a book and then moving on to another one that I believe I will have more interest in. This is not the case as I just continue the process that has now left me with a good stack of unfinished books. Break the cycle, Jack.
12. Submit a piece of my writing into some sort of Publication
13. Date- I need a boyfriend.
14. Condo Hunt- Looking to move our at some point this year but I’m not making any serious commitments as I fight with the rent/buy options everyday. I at least want to explore my options.
15. Go spend a Saturday Cooking back in the industry- I miss a good old fashioned Stage. Any one out there lookin’ for free labor? I’m your girl!
16. Hit up a 86’d Monday at the Drake
17. Invest in a new laptop
18. Get my ass back to Italy- 3 Years ago I told myself I would go back for a visit at least once a year. I, of course, have yet to even plan a trip back to the place where I left my heart. This summer I will do it. If I am clear for my vacation time then I’m gonezo.
19. Make donuts
20. Winterlicious & Summerlicious- two-parter right here.
21. Go to Chicago and see the newest EATALY- I just need to go. It involved Nutella.
22. Weekend at a cottage
23. Fancy Food Show in NYC
24. Harry Potter Marathon
25. Take a course on something (other than #2)-
26. Cook a dinner for my friends- No, not all of you will be invited. It’s time I just put everyone who has ever asked “eh when are u gunna cook 4 me?” (the grammar is accurate) into the same space and fed them because a)I want to and b)to shut them up.
27. 3rd Annual Taco Party- This year? Mandatory sombreros and tequila.
28. Cut my Hair- I have been growing my hair for the past few years so I can donate it. It’s long enough and its time to cut the chord. Eek!
29. Pearson Airport People Watch- my number one favourite pastime
30. BINGO night. -Mild addiction to Bingo halls. Extreme addiction to #WINNING. Wh
Not bad thus far.
a) I DID book a trip to Chicago for this past Saturday April 5th…. but you see, the thing is….. I didn’t check to see if my passport was still valid. So, I had to forefeit the day trip to Chi-town and gained a renewed 10 year passport. win-win.
b) THIS Saturday, I will be using my AGO membership for the first time… Gee in tow.
c) I went to a spa about a month ago… and chickened out of going somewhere other than my usual place.
d) I start the Food Writing course in less than 24 hrs. I’m going to pee my pants I’m so nervous-excited.
Now just wait for the next update 4 months from now.